Kavya Jain

Kavya Jain, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Kavya Jain, senior, is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Messenger. Along with being on the newspaper staff, Kavya is President of Poetry Club, Co-President of South Asian Student Association, and the founder of Blood Sisters, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing access to menstrual care. She’s passionate about writing, both creative and journalistic, and dancing. In her spare time, Kavya also enjoys hiking, reading, and frequenting Andy’s for raspberry brownie concretes.

All content by Kavya Jain
Juniors Natalie Anderson and AJ Burger dance together. Anderson has attended the dance every year since her freshman year and prefers it to Homecoming because she said there are always fewer people and better music. “I just go because she goes,” Burger said.

Photo Gallery: MACC Hosts Winter Dance

Kavya Jain, Co-Editor-in-Chief
February 10, 2020
Joe Porcelli, sophomore, fills up water bottles during the annual Homecoming game Sept. 27. The Mustangs won against Lindbergh 37-7 to remain undefeated.

Porcelli Energizes Football Team

Kavya Jain, Co-Editor-in-Chief
October 16, 2019
Players from Lindbergh High School’s team, the Flyers, shake hands with the Mustangs as a show of good sportsmanship following the game. The Mustangs won 37 to 14.

Photo Gallery: Homecoming Game

Kavya Jain, Co-Editor-in-Chief
October 3, 2019
Toxic masculinity can go beyond holding aggressive feelings toward women. It can cause men to hold in their feelings out of fear of being socially rejected.

[Photo] Let Boys be More Than Boys

Will Roach, Opinions Editor
March 11, 2019
Maggie Yang, senior, received a red pocket, or red envelope, containing money from her parents. Yang said the money, given to kids by older relatives, can get up to 20,000 yen or 3,000 dollars. While Yang’s extended family lives in China, she said they use WeChat, a phone application, to send red pockets. “It’s different because we are overseas but they still have ways to do it,” Yang said.

Students Celebrate Chinese New Year

Kavya Jain, Editor In Chief
February 11, 2019
Kam stands in front of the Afghan food stall and praises the food to attract customers to food he says is made with real love. “After you eat it you start to have an out of body experience,” Kam said. “It takes you to different lands, different universes, and different sectors of this space or orb we’re floating on that you could never imagine.”

Photo Gallery: Festival Of Nations 2018

Kavya Jain, Editor in Chief
August 29, 2018
Logan Paul, senior, poses for a picture with the FBLA logo. Paul is the President of MHS FBLA chapter.

Students start FBLA chapter at MHS

Kavya Jain, Features Editor
September 16, 2017
MHS Buzzes in at the History Bowl

MHS Buzzes in at the History Bowl

Kavya Jain, Staff Reporter
January 31, 2017
Jeff Swift, freshman, takes a hammer to a decommissioned car for SADDs annual car bash. Swift and other students paid one dollar each to take a swing at the car.

Bashing Out Destructive Decisions

Kavya Jain, Guest Columnist
October 28, 2016
$0
$625